Houston Weapons Charges Defense Lawyer

Houston Criminal Defense Lawyer.

Houston, TX Weapons Charges Defense Lawyer

The State of Texas treats weapons charges very seriously. Even carrying a weapon unlawfully can result in incarceration for first-time offenders. If the weapon was discharged unlawfully, carried by a member of a criminal organization, or used in the commission of another crime, the penalties for a weapons charge can be as weighty as for any other crime. The stakes for a weapons charge are very high, and it is important to retain a criminal defense attorney who understands every part of the law. A former prosecutor, I now use my background to help defend clients against firearms and other weapons charges.

When weapons are part of a criminal complaint, the circumstances around the case are paramount. I carefully examine your criminal history, your state of mind, what you intended to use the weapon for, how the weapon was used, what led to the criminal event, where a weapon was found, how evidence was handled, and other relevant concerns to find holes in the prosecution’s case in order to build your defense.

Gun & Weapons Cases I Have Defended

My primary responsibility is to protect your rights at all times, especially if you have been charged with a weapons-related offense, including:

  • Hoax Bombs
  • Firearm Smuggling
  • Making a Firearm Accessible to a Child
  • Possessing Components of Explosives
  • Unlawful Carrying Weapons
  • Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
  • Unlawful Possession of Metal or Body Armor by Felon
  • Unlawful Transfer of Certain Weapons

Begin Your Defense Against Weapons Charges Today

When facing a gun charge, you can be assured of two things: the consequences of a conviction are very serious and you need a lawyer with years of experience to help protect you. Contact me to learn how I can begin crafting your defense.

Read more about what experience and knowledge I will offer as your Houston criminal attorney.

Se habla Español

Contact Jimmy for more information
or call today at 713-759-1800

Request Consultation

Ask A Question

Fields marked with * are required.